Search This Blog

Abraham Lincoln Quotes - 4




  • I am a slow walker, but i never walk back.




  • Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people.



  • God must have loved the plain people: He made so many of them.



  • I don't know who my grandfather was; i am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.



  • Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government and form a new one. This is a most valuable and sacred right - a right which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.



  • This struggle and scramble for office, for a way to live without work, will finally test the strength of our institutions.



  • Let us have faith that Right makes Might, and in that faith let us to end dare to do our duty as we understand it.



  • I sincerely wish war was a pleasanter and easier business than it is, but it does not admit of holidays.



  • It is my pleasure that my children are free, happy and unrestrained by parental tyranny. Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.



  • Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?



  • If you don't want to use the army, I should like to borrow it for a while. Yours respectfully.Seriously, I do not think I am fit for the presidency.



  • Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.



  • When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it is best to let him run.



  • A women is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.



No comments:

Post a Comment